Eiseler Oil Company was founded in 1953 by William C. Eiseler and his son James "Jim" A. Eiseler. The original building was in the 1800 block of North Grand River in Lansing Michigan. The company remained at this location until 1967 when they relocated to their current address at 15714 S. US27 on Lansing's north side. William C. Eiseler's eldest son William "Bill" G. Eiseler joined the company in 1964. Jim's wife, Joy, worked as office manager until retiring in 1995 and his daughter, Gail, began working in 1992.

Today, the company continues the family tradition with Jim and Joy's sons, Kirk and Lee Eiseler, at the helm; daughter Gail as the office manager and four grandsons from each of their three daughters employed by the company. Various family members have also filled in over the years.